I don’t think the majority of people want to be rich!
I believe that what you really want is to have enough money to freely experience the lifestyle that’s only available to rich people.
If you realize that this is what you truly want, then the secret word to achieving that desire would be: financial independence.
Becoming financially independent means having enough money, so that it doesn’t become the main concern or worry in your life. It means having enough money to freely live your life on your own terms. It means that the paycheck doesn’t have control over you anymore and that you can experience life freely and openly.
The secret to becoming financially independent is very simple …
… You achieve financial independence when your income is significantly higher than your needs.
To achieve that you have to either:
- Reduce your needs.
- …or increase your income.
Here are 10 tips to help you simplify your way to financial independence:
- Use a purse not a credit card. In other words, pay by cash.
- If you make good money at work, don’t reward yourself by excessive spending.
- Change your job more often. As a rule of thumb, change of job is a gain in experience and income.
- The one-hour method: The American life coach and bestselling author, Richard Carlson, has tested this out with many clients: people who set aside one hour every day for the question “How can I earn more money?” achieve financial independence after two years of consistent application of this one-hour method.
- Track the money you’re spending using an expenses list.
- Give money to people in need, and you’ll feel rich.
- Don’t buy something you can’t afford its price AND its maintenance.
- Don’t hate money or think that it’s the root of all evil. Otherwise, it won’t come your way.
- Believe in abundance. Millions of sperm are produced, even though just one is used.
- Save first. Spend second. Always save at the beginning of the month. Don’t wait to save whatever’s left at the end of the month, because generally you’ll have nothing left to save.
What tips have you found useful to simplify your financial life and increase your financial independence?
Watch this content-rich interview with Robert Pagliarini, author of The Six-Day Financial Makeover, where he talks about increasing your financial independence:
And here is a funny video on how to save money: 10 things you don’t need!