“A book is a gift you can open again and again.” – Garrison Keillor
A gift is never measured by its price. A true gift is always measured by its meaning (and sometimes its usefulness too).
You don’t have to buy expensive gifts to show how much you value the other person. Simple ideas that convey true genuine feelings have more lasting and meaningful impact.
There is a smart trick to make your simplest ordinary gifts unique. The trick is to be creative on the wrapping. Some of the gift ideas below might seem ordinary. But, with a creative wrapping, it will look unique and surprising.
Here are three rules of thumb for giving gifts:
- A gift must be appropriate and relevant to the person.
- Always go for anything handmade.
- Gifts should be memorable, not expensive.
So, let’s look at 55 simple gift ideas that are unique and memorable:
- A Small Nice Mirror with a message that says, “This is to see how beautiful you’re everyday”
- Flowers. It’s the all-time super emotional gift.
- Handmade Journal with a Little Pen
- Empty glass jar with nice stickers on it and filled with colored sea salt body scrubs.
- Lip gloss
- Flash USB Memory loaded with personal photos you had with the receiver.
- Night Light
- Meditation singing bowl
- Cotton Bath Robe
- Love coupons (from Tina at ThinkSimpleNow.com). The idea simply is to make a little coupon book containing favors you would do for the receiver, like airport pickup.
- Scented candles.
- Meditation music CD.
- Photo album containing photos of memories you shared together.
- Spa/Massage voucher.
- Gift certificates for the person’s favorite shops.
- Photo frame. Handmade or Digital.
- Cordless Skype phone.
- Moleskin Pocket Notebook. I love it.
- Non-fiction books of interest.
- Novels or fiction books.
- Bath oils.
- Personalized mug. You can create your own at Ceramics Cafe.
- A cool pen.
- Gift basket/box filled with goodies.
- Music CD burned with the person’s favorite songs.
- Handwritten letter. Let your heart talk.
- A small plant.
- Personalized T-shirt.
- If you can, knit something for him/her.
- “I appreciate you jar” (from Leo Babauta at ZenHabits.com) The idea simply is to fill a nice jar with slips of paper, each with a reason you appreciate (or love) someone.
- DVD for his/her favorite movie.
- Written poem.
- Paint a picture, if you can.
- Hand painted picture of his/her face.
- Make-up set.
- Shaving kit.
- Box of tea and/or tea cups.
- Box of delicious handmade bakery.
- Dip bowl set.
- Storage tote.
- Decorative soaps.
- Chocolate basket.
- Voucher for dinner at his/her favorite restaurant.
- Glass teapot.
- Bamboo Mug tree.
- Conceal Bookshelf.
- Fish bowl.
- Electronics accessories. e.g. iPad case.
- Fondue set.
- Birds in a bird house.
- Cookbook stand.
- Fragrance diffuser set. (Aromatherapy)
- Coffee Maker.
- Subscriptions. For example, one-year favorite magazine subscription.
Do you have more simple gift ideas to share? Let’s make it a list of 100 ideas!
* Photo Credit: by asenat29
** If you found this post useful, please give it a LIKE and share it with someone you care about.