Our life is full of simple pleasures that we don’t enjoy, because we take them for granted.
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle, or you can live as if everything is a miracle.” –Albert Einstein
Today, I invite you to look with a fresh eyes at everything around you. Enjoy the beauty of the sunrise, the smile of a baby, a good friendship, etc.
Act as if you’re experiencing everything for the first time.
- You will find more joy in life if you just shift your focus to the simple pleasures around you.
- You will feel rich and abundant, because you will be one of the very few people who really use and enjoy the simple things available to all of us.
- You will feel that you own wonderful simple pleasures that even rich people are deprived from due to the hectic work they are immersed in.
Matt Madeiro of ThreeNewLeaves says, “Sometimes, I think, we need to step back — to take stock of how far we’ve come, and to widen our eyes a bit to every little piece of happiness that is otherwise so easy to ignore.”
I recommend you read “The Book of Awesome” by Neil Pasricha to get introduced to 1000 awesome things that most people ignore or take for granted.
Also, the blog of 1000 awesome things is a great blog to follow to stay in touch with the simple pleasures of life.
Here are 55 of life’s simple pleasures:
1. Sun rise
2. Morning breeze
3. Hot shower
4. Fresh-ground coffee
5. Your clothes
Photo Credit: Phil Gradwell @ Flickr CC
6. Family time
7. Your baby
8. Your wife
9. Your car
10. Your home
Photo Credit: limaoscarjuliet @ Flickr CC
11. A good haircut!
12. Your health
15. The blue sky
Photo Credit: Â© Ahmed Amir @ Flickr CC
16. A good movie
19. A good book
20. A sunny day
Photo Credit: jules:stonesoup @ Flickr CC
Photo Credit: the bbp @ Flickr CC
21. Cooling breeze in a hot day
22. Birds sound
23. The cotton candy clouds
24. The smell of rain
25. The rainbow
Photo Credit: VinothChandar @ Flickr CC
26. The flowers
28. Watching children playing
Photo Credit: Olga Oslina @ Flickr CC
31. Breathing through nostrils (do you feel bad when you’ve a cold?)
32. Comfortable chair
35. Toilet paper (inspired by Ken Wert of MeantToBeHappy.com)
Photo Credit: Plage Vinilos y Decoración @ Flickr CC
Photo Credit: imglighting @ Flickr CC
40. Clean water to drink
Photo Credit: Serge Melki @ Flickr CC
42. A full moon
44. Air conditioners
45. The gift of voice
Photo Credit: Jsome1 @ Flickr CC
46. Warm slippers
48. Ice cream
49. Camera / Photos
Photo Credit: *Micky @ Flickr CC
53. A Notebook (specially the Moleskine notebook … back to the beautiful past)
54. Money in your pocket
55. Getting up without an alarm
Photo Credit: Ben Fredericson @ Flickr CC
Your today’s task is to start enjoying these simple pleasures intentionally with a fresh/ beginner’s eye.
And I promise you of a wonderful day ahead.
*Featured Photo Credit: visualpanic @ Flickr CC
** If you find this post useful, please give it a LIKE and share it with someone you care about.