“Opportunities for enjoying the days are all over the place. The problem is that life keeps going and we are often too busy to take advantage of the opportunities we see.” – Lorilee Lippincott
That statement struck me while reading the latest post at the Loving Simple Living blog by my friend Lorilee Lippincott.
We truly miss a lot of unique opportunites to enjoy little things in life, because we are overwhelmed by the busyness and obligations of our every day life.
When we move too fast, we can’t see clearly and we miss a lot of great scenery.
So, here are some suggestions to help you slow down and enjoy what life has to offer you every day:
- Wake up early, enjoy that peaceful moment, and do something enjoyable.
- Eat slowly … enjoy the taste. Food is a great pleasure that we miss, because we want to finish our meals quickly to move on to the next daily chore.
- Meditate. It is probably the best thing you can do to practice living in the moment. Just 10 minutes of sitting quietly and breathing deeply will do wonders for you.
- Say yes to a last minute opportunity. You don’t have to prepare for everything. Take advantage of spontaneous opportunities. It adds a lot of fun and excitement to your life.
- Make a list of the things that make you happy and intentionally pick one to do every day.
- Fully engage in a conversation with a beloved one and shut down all possible interruptions.
- Repeat this affirmation throughout the day, “I’m enjoying my day to the max.”
What do you do to enjoy your day to the max?
Please share your suggestions in the comments below.
For more simple living tips follow me on Twitter @MidSimplicity