Welcome to a new edition of the Midway Simplicity Tips of The Week.
- Don’t store your credit card information with online shopping sites. Here’s why…
- Donate something today.
- “Be not afraid of going slowly; be only afraid of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb (simplify slowly, but consistently)
- “The person you are today is directly related to the five people you spend the most time with and your role models.” – Ryan Nicodemus
- Read Tammy Strobel’s new book You Can Buy Happiness (and It’s Cheap). This is THE best simple living book I’ve read so far.
- Buy local whenever possible.
- Create a grocery list and STICK to it.
- Simplifying (i.e. eliminating the unnecessary) will help you discover what makes you really happy.
- When you shop, set a deadline of when you will get out of the store. This will decrease the chances of dawdling and buying things you don’t need. I learned this from Trent Hamm of The Simple Dollar.
- Try to disconnect from any ‘screen’ during the weekends.
What is your favorite tip of the week? Have more tips to share?
Midway Simplicity Ebook Update
I would like to give you a quick update on the status of the Midway Simplicity ebook you asked for.
This is the ebook that summarizes all the tips that were shared during the Midway Simplicity shows so far.
The ebook is 80% complete. The only two remaining steps are editing/proofreading and cover design. If you would like to help with any of these tasks, please email me. In return, you’ll get a free copy of the ebook, and also all the audio and video recordings of the episodes to read, listen or watch on your favorite mobile device.
The estimated launch date of the ebook is early December 2012.
And thanks a lot for your support during the development phase of the ebook concept.