Where in the world can you find the most minimalism inspiration?
You’ll find the answer in this new episode of the Midway Decluttering Show.
My special guest is Colin Wright, from Exile Lifestyle.
Colin is an author of 11 books, including his latest book Act Accordingly. He is also an entrepreneur, and full-time traveler. Every 4 months he moves to a new country and his readers decide where he goes!
In this episode, he shares a lot of great insights on how decluttering can help you achieve your big goals in life. He will also reveal the most inspiring country of minimalists that he has been to.
Enjoy watching this new episode
[Make sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel to stay updated]
Here are some interesting notes I took:
- When you compile a big pile of things you don’t need, invite people to come and take whatever they want.
- You really don’t need much to be happy!
- The victory you have when you start small will give you the momentum to go to the next big thing.
- Set a goal with a deadline to maintain your focus and keep you motivated while decluttering. For example, you may say “I’m going to make a big party and invite people on a specific date to celebrate, so I must finish decluttering before it.”
- Don’t force yourself to adapt someone else’s mentality on simplicity or organization. Do it your own way.
- A ‘need’ is a thing that makes you absolutely happy.
- Optimizing your time and environment gives you the resources and focus needed to achieve your big goals.
- Which one comes first ‘The Goal’ or ‘The Decluttering’? (Nice insights on minute 17:00)
- People associate having more stuff to success. That’s why they get worried when they see you getting rid of stuff.
- When people start asking you about your secret of being so happy and achieving so many goals, only then you can tell them: “Simplicity”
- What is the most inspiring ‘minimalism’ country? (Revealed on minute 21:00)
- “You have exactly one life in which to do everything you’ll ever do, act accordingly!” – Colin Wright
- Life ends suddenly, act accordingly.
- When you get rid of what you don’t need, most of your days are going to be good days.
- Take a step back and truthfully ask yourself “WHAT MATTERS?”
What is your favorite tip?
Please share your thoughts in the comments.
Find your passion and what matters most to you in less than 30 minutes … (Then ACT ACCORDINGLY)
For more simple living tips follow me on Twitter @MidSimplicity