If you feel that there are increasing signs of stress in your life, then this week’s tips may inspire you to start relaxing and reducing your stress level.
My favorite tip this week is the one about “Stay at Home Moms”. It is an excerpt from a poem by Annie Brewer of Annienygma.com. If you’re a stay at home mom, and you’re noticing signs of stress in your life, make sure to click through and read the full poem. You’ll be inspired!
Here are this week’s tips with a ‘Signs of Stress’ theme:
- Getting your wasted hours back will definitely reduce your stress level.
- “Just because you use the features doesn’t mean you need it.” Lorilee Lippincott, Loving Simple Living – Update on the TV and Electronics
- “What these smart phones do is control our lives. We are addicted to busy and they are a little tool to make sure our heads and fingers are always living up to this addiction.” – Lorilee Lippincott
- “Declutter old sporting equipment/clothes for sports you no longer play.” – Colleen Madsen, 365 Less Things
- Every time you inflate your lifestyle, you make financial independence harder and your life more stressful.
- “The truth of life is that happiness cannot be purchased no matter how hard we search for it in material possessions.” – Joshua Becker, Becoming Minimalist – 7 Life Misconceptions Portrayed in the Super Bowl Ads
- When you notice signs of stress in your life, don’t think ‘managing stress’. When you’re stressed, you MUST rest and relax.
- “Walking is one of the keys to personal resilience.” – John Robb
- After you declutter and simplify your life, what’s next? Simplicity is a mean to an end. If you are not clear about the end, you’ll struggle through the mean.
- “Sit with us a minute,
& listen to our day,
spend a cherished moment,
because our childhood is not here to stay!”
– Annie Brewer – Inspiration for a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM)
What do you do when you notice signs of stress in your life? Please share your tips in the comments below.
For more simplicity tips, follow me on Twitter @MidSimplicity
Photo Credit: by The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of D